September 11, 2011

Why Write...

As I only joined Facebook recently, I decided to be a bit faster to blog before it becomes passe (probably sooner rather than later thanks to the Mark Zuckerberg's of the world). My husband always wonders what's going through my head as I usually jump from topic to topic with no logical segway. Well... here's hoping this provides some logic. I've been described by some as wildly off-color and inappropriate (this I get from being a football coach's daughter), but also poised and articulate (I only add these compliments to give credit to my amazing mother who did what she could to counteract the effect of the former descriptions).

As we've experienced the excitement the last few months of welcoming Baby Jones into our lives due to the world in March 2012 - you're never quite prepared for that double line, positive sign, digital pregnancy reading... yes I took 6 tests across 3 different brands - we look forward to oversharing the details of the experience!

Beyond this, I hope to shed some meanderings on my upbringing in the world of football, which taught me more than my valued education at both Garrison Forest School and Northwestern University. Ladies - I hope this gives you some talking points about the game and makes you look forward to the Sunday afternoons and Monday nights (and Thursday's towards the end of the season) that have become hallowed tradition in our house. Gentleman - perhaps you stand to learn something to take to the water coolers at work, as well.

Beyond this, I'll post those ramblings my husband has come to love and loathe... sharing all things I love, hate and have to share!

(Disclaimer: I do not claim to have perfect grammar nor perfect writing skills. As my legal studies professors will tell you from my papers in college, I should have stuck to the algorithms of my mathematics degree. It could have been my thesis on anti-trust laws as they apply to the NFL while my aspirational classmates explored the standardization of legal practices across global judicial systems that made them realize my style was a bit "different".)

With that, here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment