September 26, 2011

Week #3: You're getting a little bit pushy....

I'm not the only one who's feeling like it's getting a little bit pushy in here. Biff (Baby Jones for those just now picking up the blog) is starting to push all the "stuff" that was already in me out of the way to make room to grow, just as a lot of teams are starting to push their way through to emerge as both the expected and shocking teams in the league (like the analogy or lame?). Push away, little one, push away...

Here's what I take away from Week 3, aside from starting to feel pregnant:

  • If you would have told me that the Buffalo Bills and the Detroit Lions would be 3-0 after Week 3 (to join the Packers, no surprise), I would have laughed like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman (minus the whole prostitute part). Good for you Detroit Lions... finally! After the last few seasons, Eminem was getting ready to rhyme again about setting is own house on fire. 
  • The Washington Redskins could join the 3-0 ranks tonight if the resurrection of Sexy Rexy (QB Rex Grossman) is in fact true. I do not call him sexy for any other reason than that's all I had when I was criticizing him for his powder-puff like play with the Chicago Bears. Let's not hold our breaths, but hope for the best.
  • Again, with the Ravens... this is getting ridiculous. I'd like to give credit to Torrey Smith, a rookie for the Ravens from none other than the University of Maryland, whose first 3 catches in the league, were all for TDs! As Chris Berman would say on ESPN... "all he does is catch touchdowns"!
  • The Raiders beat the Jets. Not sure what to say here... The Raiders are dangerous, and not just because they are from Oakland. 
  • I have to get a bit of college ball in here and point out the botched call during the Syracuse v. Toledo game on Saturday. For all of you who have watched a game with me and witnessed me lace together a string of profanity like those dry noodle necklaces you used to make in grade school... here is why. You tell me if it went through: http://youtu.be/Bl4BksdE6-s
For those who aren't football fans, I'll post something life or baby related this week, but for the rest of you, let me know what you'd like to hear about on this blog! It can either be a topic about growing up a coach's daughter, or a current NFL topic you'd like me to explore or keep an eye out for. I'd be anxious to find out what you find interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment