October 6, 2012

Weeks 3, 4, &5: A Betting Wife...

Time to dust off the keys. I'm determined not to let this blog die as so many of my pre-baby routines have... so I resume with the helmets with more to come on the hormones (stay tuned for how to navigate an epic breakdown).

There have already been many headlines in the NFL. A cliched recap for what we've all missed:

  •  The Refs. Never did you think we would see the day when the referees would receive a standing ovation, but they did when they returned to the field after a labor negotiation left them locked out. As Mike & Mike In the Morning said, at least now we know that when bad calls are made, they are being made by the best in the business. That might be my new ambition in life. 
  • Tim Tebow is still on the bench; but the entire Jets team is likely not far behind them. They might actually give themselves a better chance at winning if they did not show up. 
  • Cleveland still sucks. 
  • I believe in one of my first posts last year I asked "Romo, Romo, Wherefore art thou Romo?" Ditto.
  • This just in: The Vikings are tied for the lead in their division! 
  • The Saints are feeling the effects of their troubled off season. 
  • The 49ers might be here to stay. 
  • The Rams and Cardinals finally had a nationally televised game... and it was against each other.
  • I'd be remiss in this month of October, breast cancer awareness month, if I did not send all of my positive thoughts to Coach Chuck Pagano of the Indianapolis Colts who was diagnosed with leukemia and will endure a long 6 weeks or longer in the hospital to hopefully beat the "curable" disease.

As I'm finding I have less and less time to stay as sharp as I need to accurately represent these topics each week, minimally you can expect this:

Since our family left the sidelines, I've needed a reason to watch every Sunday as emotionally as I did before. So, we bet. For the last 4 years, my husband and I have bet on every game, every Sunday. Whoever wins the most weeks out of the regular season, takes the crown. Let's just say DYNASTY! (Picture me running around the house with my hands in a diamond shape above my head). 4-0, my favor. I have won a remodel to our lower level and a new car in the garage.

Each week I'll post my picks with a recommended bet. Stay tuned tomorrow... (I don't pick any earlier than Sunday mornings... too much left to chance on a Saturday night.)

Happy wagers!

No comments:

Post a Comment