May 8, 2012

The.Fresh.Equation.

My taste buds have changed since I got pregnant and since baby has arrived. I used to be a beer & hotdog kind of girl, and I could eat a full selection of macarons from Pistacia Vera (or Laduree when in Paris); but, for some reason those things don't appeal nor taste good when I force them down (let's be honest, I'm not really forcing them down).

I'm feeling the guilt of not eating healthy enough more now than when I was pregnant! We needed the nutrients when the bun was in the oven, but breastfeeding is not for the faint of heart and requires lots of goodies and nutrients - and I'm sure it will help with this little chub that's deciding to hang around my waist line.

Tonight I made a green smoothie and it was (as the youth say) delish! Packed in some good vitamins in 2 minutes or less.

I have this ideallyic image of Brecken running around in his Hunter wellies, digging in the dirt pulling out carrots and tomatoes for snacks! We currently live in an area that would make it difficult to have that burgeoning garden, so we found these great raised beds through Farmer D Organics (via Williams Sonoma, www.williams-sonoma\raisedbeds, $79-$149). Perhaps a Spring Project or a good one for next Spring when Brecken becomes a little more mobile. I will have to learn how not to kill all things green & living - perhaps one of the requirements of our prospective nanny should be "green thumb".

My good girlfriend Kristin Sanders, who recently went into business as a health & lifestyle coach, has a great website (www.thefreshequation.com). Like her page on Facebook and follow her for great tips & recipes - and if you are in the NY area, check her out!

Until then, be happy being Green!

Aunt Kiki's Green Smoothie:
1 C kale
1 C spinach
1/2 pear
1 frozen banana
OJ

Toss it in & blend! No need to follow measurements really. I bought some parsley
cucumbers, mango and other accoutrements today as alternatives!

No comments:

Post a Comment