December 18, 2011

Baby Update: Give me my space!

We had our 27 week check up last week and everything is right on track! I took my glucose tolerance test to confirm whether or not I had gestational diabetes. Think about drinking the cheapest, most stale, orange crush soda. Gulp that down in 5 minutes and let the sugar rush begin! Our test results came back and I tested normal, so Biff handled it well.

The check up was pretty routine. We got to hear his fast little heart beat again. Taylor was able to record the sound on his phone so we could enjoy it over and over! Biff didn't want to be bothered as every time they put the machine on my belly, he'd kick it off. The next morning, I was resting my Starbucks cup on my belly (yes, that happens now) and again, he wanted his space. Off went the cup. He continues to swim around, kicking and punching, all day and all night. Somehow we still find a way to sleep.

Now the real prep work begins. So far it's been fun putting his nursery together and picking out clothes, but now starts the classes, the planning, finding a pediatrician, and the list continues. We'll hit the ground running when we get back from the holidays to make sure the last few items are in order. It's hard to believe that we start our 3rd Trimester today. I'm enjoying being pregnant and having him so close, not to mention enjoying these last few months just the two of us; but, it's balanced with wanting to rush to the end so we know he's here, happy & healthy (and I can rest easy knowing the epidural actually worked).

It will be a fun few months to get ready and celebrate!

Have a wonderful holiday!

With love,
Aubree & Taylor

A bit bigger than our last bump watch pic... if you look closely you can see the Thanksgiving chub. Okay... you dont have to look that closely. Anything for you, Biff! 

2 comments:

  1. Of course this made me cry, out of sheer joy and happiness. Biff is going to be welcomed into one of the most loving, close-knit, and warm families. I love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete